The Importance of Improving the Air Quality in My Home
You spend more time in your home than anywhere else, so why not make sure you have the cleanest air to breathe?
Many asthma symptoms can be reduced or eliminated by keeping a clean environment and purifying the air in your home. There are several products available that claim to purify air but actually can cause more harm because of the chemicals that are used.
For your sake, the sake of your children and even your pets, the place you spend the most time in your life must be free of unnecessary toxins in the air in order to live the best life within your control. Below are some items to take notice of in order to eliminate as well as some 10 life hacks to improve the air quality in your home for you and your family.
Elements Severely Impacting the Air Quality in Your Home
- Pet Dander
- Carbon Monoxide
- Poor Ventilation
- Tobacco Products
- Some aerosol sprays and air fresheners
- Central heating and cooling systems
Ten Ways To Improve Air Quality in Your Home
- Keep it clean! Regularly dusting, cleaning surfaces, and cleaning bedding, curtains, and couches can help to remove dust particles, pet dander, and any other impurities in the air can improve the indoor air quality in your home significantly.
- Invest in an air purifier! Air purifiers can very easily help to cut down some of the allergens that are in the air. This is an easy and quick way to immediately improve the air quality in your home.
- Open the windows! Fresh air is great for removing odors and overall improving the air quality in a natural way. Open those windows every once in a while, even during the colder months, to get some fresh air in. This also helps to control the humidity in your home, which can prevent mold from growing among other issues.
- Get some greenery inside! Along with improving the aesthetic of your home, bringing some house plants inside your apartment can help purify the air, naturally and improve indoor air quality in your home.
- Avoid synthetically fragranced air fresheners! Synthetically fragranced air fresheners contain all kinds of chemicals that can be harmful to breathe in. Replace those air fresheners with soy or beeswax candles or homemade air fresheners that won’t release any harmful chemicals. Also, try using eco-friendly cleaning products that aren’t made with chemicals that could be harmful to you and your family. Many times cleaning products that aren’t eco-friendly add in chemicals just to produce a pleasant smell - replace those with an eco-friendly cleaner and a soy-based candle.
- Make sure your carbon monoxide detectors are working properly! Aside from the obvious law requirements, these detectors will ensure that you’re not breathing in harmful gases. Replace the batteries at least once a year and test that they’re working properly once a month.
- Fix leaks as soon as they happen! Standing water and excess moisture in the air can cause mold to grow and will not improve the air quality in your home AT ALL!
- Control the humidity indoors! Having humidity around 45% is ideal for your home. This may require either a vaporizer or humidifier or contrarily, a dehumidifier, depending on your humidity levels.
- Keep floors clean! Harmful allergens can accumulate on the floors in your home, especially in your carpeting. Regularly cleaning your floors, including vacuuming carpets and mopping hardwood floors can significantly improve the air quality.
- Change out your air filters! When was the last time you changed your air filters? Chances are, you forgot there were filters in your home to change out altogether. While you’re at it, clean out the vent where the filters are, as they can collect excessive amounts of dust and other particles that can pollute the air in your home.
Let Us Help Improve Air Quality in Your Home!
These are just a few ways to ensure you and your family are healthy and safe when it comes to air quality. We especially like number TEN! Keeping the air in your home clean can be easier with FilterTime because it’s one less thing to worry about. Learn more about the FilterTime difference and order your home air filters today to immediately improve the air quality in your home!
« Back to News